Retirement plan advisory services
Find confidence with Alerus.
As an employer offering a retirement plan to your employees, you are a fiduciary. This is a complex role that requires you to act prudently and solely in the best interest of the participants. As plan and investment issues become more complicated, it makes sense to team up with a provider that is prepared, committed, and uniquely qualified to assume the role of investment fiduciary under the standards imposed by ERISA. Outsourcing some or all aspects allows for peace of mind and the ability to focus on other tasks.
With investment advisory management or consulting from Alerus, you can feel confident in fulfilling the fiduciary and oversight responsibilities that come with being a retirement plan sponsor.
Advisory services include:
- Developing the Investment Policy Statement
- Selecting, implementing, and monitoring your investment lineup
- Working to minimize the risks inherent in overseeing plan investment options
- Conducting investment manager searches and evaluations
- Giving your investment committee support, guidance, and documentation
- Providing quarterly reporting on your plan’s investment lineup and performing regular account reviews of the funds and managers in the plan
Depending on the fiduciary risk you want to assume, Alerus can function in either an advisory capacity under ERISA section 3(21), or be appointed by an employer as an investment manager under ERISA section 3(38).